Dialogue for Tough Love Pt.1

Gemari: What it is?
Camilla: I’m aight but I’m running out of ideas. Like, I dont know what to do.
Gemari: Maybe I go one for ya.
Camilla: What chu talkin about?
Gemari: Shit, let me take care of ya. If you let me, i can come up there and get you right for a bit.
Camilla: I could never ask you to do something like that, even if you was serious. I just need a job.
Gemari: Aight. I thought you might think I was playin so I already done got a ticket up there.
Camilla: Up where? Here? Maine?
Gemari: Yea, im saying though, Quisha already done filled me in on how you need to get a place for your son to come live wich ya. I know you aint in the house with all them people no more. You in Maine looking for yo mama.
Camilla: You know too much.
Click. I hang up the phone. My palms sweating and heart thumping, i dial quisha.


Ring. Ring. Ring.
Quisha: Hey girl! You aight?
Camilla: No the fuck i’m aint alright! You got this negga calling me talking about you told him all my business...like, whats up with that? I thought I could trust you?
Beep.
Quisha: Girl calm down you know I got your back! He’s cool, he gave me the money for your B&B and told me not to put you in a hotel.
Beep. “prepaid number”
Camilla: What the fuck is you talking about girl? I mean, I thought your peoples gave you that money…
Beep.
Quisha: Yes! And Gemari is my peoples.
Camilla: Oh god. He keep calling with his no number ass yuck.
Quisha chuckles.
Quisha: Just trust me on this one and call him back.
Camilla: That shit aint funny girl bye.
Click. Shaking my head.

Ring. Ring.
Camilla: Hello.
Gemari: You hung up on me fa sho shorty? Damn mama it’s like that?
I chuckle at his accent.
Camilla: Mari Im sorry. I didnt mean to.
Gemari: Aye that shit aint funny lil mama. I’m fa sho tryna look out fa ya and you hanging up in my damn face like. Where they do that at?
I can’t stop chuckling.
Camilla: No for real I was like scared. For real I thought you was gonna help me get one of them jobs you got making web pages. Not migrate up here.
Gemari: Chill lil mama I aint no little boy either. I know what to do with it. You gotta trust.
Camilla: Ok. Ok. I believe it when I see it.
Gemari: Just believe it.
Camilla: Yeah Yeah Yeah. I’m bout to go look at these jobs. You good?
Gemari: Yeah. I’m bout to moderate this room for a bit.
Camilla: Aight. One.
Gemari: Aight.
Click.

(c) 5/18/2017 Ziona

Comments

Popular Posts