Patience is a virtue

I always say, "Patience comes to those who wait"
Waiting is one of my life's greatest challenges. I personally believe it may be genetics. My mother and mother before her lack patience.
Is it a woman thing? Who knows.
I have trouble waiting for the bus, waiting for a phone call, waiting at the bank.
Although I understand the logistics of waiting, like, my turn will come, reading in the meantime or play some candy crush...I still lack patience.
When I get impatient I tend to rock my body back and forth or side to side. This helps with the anxiety. I also chew a gum or eat some candy. Must have something in my hand.
This is where the cigarette habit comes in to play; smoke a cigarette while you wait (that's another post).
It may even be a bit of o.c.d. (obsessive compulsive disorder) or a.d.d./a.d.h.d. (attention deficit and hyperactive disorder.
The worst scenario is waiting for you check to come in. You've worked all week and then here's Thursday, and you have one more day, Friday comes but you still have to pick up your check lol.
The agony.

©copyright 5/17/16

Comments

Popular Posts